Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mom

I came across a few challenge blogs that had me completely inspired.  Here are the challenges:

  1. CASE study (this challenge is closed but I really wanted to try the technique!)
 2.  Inkspirational 
 (I went with the pink)
3.  Freshly Made Sketches






Here's my card:

I hope you can see 'Mom' in the middle.  Here's a close up:

It looks a lot better in person.  The picture doesn't do justice.

My mom does so much for me so I thought I'd send her some fun mail.  The sentiment "so thankful for..." is from CTMH's 'A Friend Like You" and the rose is from a previous stamp of the month- Jan's Happy Valentines.  I know she's going to love this.  I have always appreciated my mom, but once you become a mom, that appreciation multiplies like a 1000 times.  Well, it did for me at least :)







13 comments:

  1. What a lovely card for your mom. It is so nice to be appreciated especially when it is Just Because.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I was going to do this one too, but time got away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim, this is so very dainty and elegant for Mother's Day! Love it.....
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this looks great! Fabulous job with the technique of the card and GORGEOUS pink! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool effect with the popped up letters! Your mom is going to love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, your Mum will love this. The flower stamped over the letters looks fabulous and so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the technique on this card. It is gorgeous and I am sure your Mom will love it! I agree with the you that once you become a Mom you have a much better appreciation for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That technique is great and I totally see the inspiration from the photo. Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful technique Kim! What a great Mother's Day card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How neat is that "o" flower?! So clever! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet and pretty card Kim, great use of that technique! Your mom will love receiving this happy mail! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Kim. I'll have to give this technique a go myself. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational this week.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWZA, Kim! This is outstanding and well-deserving of the Princess honor from FMS! Any mom would treasure this!!

    ReplyDelete