Friday, August 9, 2013

A Christmas Card! Say what?!

Hello!  That's right, I'm sharing a Christmas Card today!  Had to change it up a bit :)  Not to mention, while on pinterest last night, I came across a really good idea for Christmas gift giving for the family:

1. Give something everyone needs.
2.  Give something they want.
3.  Give something to wear.
4.  Give something to read. (so far both my kids love books)

GREAT right!  I think we are going to try this with the kids this year!  And I'm adding one because I want to and for fun:

5. Donate all of the above for a child of the same age as beau in chloe that is in need!  Last year we filled shoe boxes- why not go a little bigger?  It seems as those we end up with so much excess in our home....why not help another family?  Plus, great to teach kids young!

Crazy to think about Christmas isn't it??  Anyways on to my card :)

For my card, I used the sketch from  52 Christmas Card Throwdown!  I'm a newbie to this challenge- here's the sketch:

This sketch is great for all those little scraps you have laying around!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to check out my GIVEAWAY!!



7 comments:

  1. Your card is very cute and festive! Thanks for sharing it with us at 52{C}CT. I hope you'll join us again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling! LOVE those sweet papers! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a super card - I do like the papers you've used! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    PS I do like item 5 on your list - such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for trying out my sketch, Kim! This is adorable! I love those papers! Thanks for playing along at 52CCT this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you've found us and decided to share your beautiful card with us. Love the different papers! I like your gift guide. thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I love all those different papers.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your papers, great way to use the sketch. My children always send one or two shoeboxes off to a child somewhere in the world filled with small gifts for Christmas, it's part of the whole preparation for the season and, for me, is much more meaningful, so I'd go along with your gift guide. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge this week at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete