Sunday, March 10, 2013

You Make Me Smile- RB Challenge #1

Hi there!

Tonight I'm sharing a card for a Rose Blossom Challenge.  Our creative leader, Brenda Rose, challenged the ctmh Rose Blossom team to a color combo challenge.  The challenge was to make a project using 4 colors (and these 4 colors only): honey, gypsy, white daisy and pear.  These colors had me thinking spring right away!  While these colors are lovely together, I felt very challenged.  Maybe it's because I didn't use any paper other than cardstock?

Here is my card:

I started off by dry embossing the gypsy card stock and sanding it to give it a distressed look.  I then cut the flowers out using the Art Philosophy circut cartridge and used one of my favorite stampsets, Hooray Boutique .  The sentiment says, "You Make me Smile."  And the thought of spring certainly makes me smile :)  The card was finished off with an opaque pearl flourish and a purple sparkle- both of which are ctmh .  I sure had fun making this card and feeling challenged.

I thought I'd share a couple of cute pictures from our day today too :)  We watch a lot of cake boss on netflix and my boy asked if we could bake a cake after church and wear his pirate shirt.  Of course we were all over that! 


 
The best part of baking!

The finished cake- he was so proud :)

Chloe was a ham while eating the cake :)

Have a great week and thank you for stopping by!  :) Kim

9 comments:

  1. Great take on the challenge. I really like the dry embossing and the sanding. Cute pics with your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower. That is one of my favorite stamp sets. Your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm really liking these colors together. I've seen a couple projects with them now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Kim. Its hard to make cards without patterned paper isnt it? I enjoyed the challenge though. Your kids are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flower card. So ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally rocked the color challenge.... love that sweet and elegant card!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Kim, Your card is so very sweet! and love the photos, the cake looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card and super adorable kids!!! Sure was nice meeting up with you last weekend .... Can't wait to do it again sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete